Because Election Season Isn’t Painful Enough
New York, NY – August 21, 2012 – Tylted, one of the mobile web’s leading communities for social and casual gaming, today announced camPAIN 2012, an arcade-style boxing game reminiscent of the Nintendo classic Punch Out!. It can be played on any web-enabled mobile device with no downloads or app store purchases required.
The game parodies the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and is visually inspired by the long tradition of political cartoons.
Players step into the ring to throw punches with either Barack Obama (caricatured as the Democratic donkey) or Mitt Romney (as the Republican elephant). The two candidates aren’t looking to debate the issues —they’re trying to clobber you. So, strap on the gloves and show your opponent what makes a real commander-in-chief. Fun features include:
- A Hand-Drawn Art Style: Political cartoons have been engaging the American voter since the 18th Century, but this will be the first time one has taken a swing at you.
- A Chance to “Debate” Your Opponent: The candidate you challenge will mercilessly taunt you with his own brand of trash talk. But in this debate you’re encouraged to let your punches do the talking.
- Election Battlegrounds: Fight the good fight in three distinct political venues, including Wall Street, the voting booth, and the Oval Office.
- Emphatic Victories: Punctuate your victory by unleashing some crushing slander that will ensure your opponent’s total humiliation: options include the Liberty Smash, the Talons of Freedom, and the Patriot Rocket.
camPAIN 2012 isn’t just any old fighting game; it marries an old-fashioned art style with the latest HTML5 technology, moving past expectations of traditional game play on the mobile web. Highlights include:
- Cloud-Based Play: Games are automatically saved between rounds and can be transferred from one device to another.
- Good Vibrations: Haptic feedback allows you to feel your punches connect with real vibration (on select phones and browsers) — a groundbreaking feature for a game built for the mobile web.
- Painful Sounds: Realistic sound effects enhance your gaming experience.
- Great Shakes: A stunning blow sends your whole screen shaking, making you feel like you really got whacked.
- Victory Speeches: Tylted, as always, keeps you connected — brag about your latest win on your favorite social networks.
“Who’s really looking out for you in this tough economic climate? Tylted!” said Lon Otremba, CEO of Tylted.
For the perfect way to blow off steam this election season, play camPAIN 2012 for free at http://m.tylted.com/camPAIN2012
For more information, visit us at http://m.tylted.com/about/
Founded in 2006, Tylted is host to one of the largest and fastest growing social games communities on the mobile web according to comScore. Tylted’s games are easy to play, relentlessly fun, and built from the ground up to be mobile. The Company recently opened new headquarters in the heart of Manhattan’s Silicon Alley.